Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Fuel Pressure Gauge Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:53 PM
RMassa187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel Pressure Gauge Adapter

Anybody know that size the schrader valve fitting (fuel pressure test port) is in 92-95 4.3 CPI engines?? I tried the two adapter fittings from autometer (1/16NPT), but the thread on the fitting looks coarse and doesntt have a taper. I uses a sealing ring I think. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fuel Pressure Gauge Adapter

It is -4AN. In thread size it's identical to a 1/4" male flare fitting so you can always pick one up at a hardware store to compare with. At auto parts stores this fitting is often referred to as a 7/16 x 20 JIC.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 PM

Why does it need a sealing ring?? What exactly would I be looking for? The sender is 1/8NPT male.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not quite sure what you are asking... the AN fitting will seal up just fine.

It sounds like you need a fitting to go from the male 4AN fitting on the fuel rail to a 1/8" NPT fitting for your sender.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 PM

I meant that I removed the valve from the fuel line. The valve threads into the fuel line. I got 2 different adapters from autometer, but neither of them had the right threads. It looks close to 1/16 NPT, but the the threads are coarse and don't have a taper like pipe threads. Also it uses a sealing washer. Do you know of an adapter for this? Or are there -4 female to 1/8NPT female adapters? Thanks

Old 12-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator

There are adapters made for just about anything that you could require. You just have to get out and look for them. You are not going to find anything that will thread into the inside of the fuel pressure test port fitting.

Anyway, you want to look for a 7/16x20 female JIC to 1/8" female NPT fitting or atleast enough parts to get from one to the other. You may only be able to find a female JIC to male NPT and then have to use a NPT coupler to connect with your line. Race shops would be where I would start looking for these components.