2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Water noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
mav06 is on a distinguished road
Default Water noise

I have a 2000 4x4 4 door. When i take turns i can hear water sloshing back and forth. I have looked all over and i still hear it. It comes from the the rear. Have you ever had this problem? Any ideas

Matt

Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

hmm... could be the gas tank, bad baffles in it maybe? There really isn't anywhere else it could be coming from.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

ROFL! dude you are going to be both rediculously surprised and a little embarrassed if this is the fix I'm thinking of. After driving into a pond, i had the same problem FOREVER the damn back end sounded like a water park. WTF i would scream but alas it did nothing.
Then one day i poked my head under the passenger side in the rear and found a small plug near the exhaust pipe but up behind the bumper. there is a hollow area there that fills with water 9like when your in a pond) and this plug (black ruber, looks like a thin tipped vacumm attachment) lets the fluid bleed out, but not in.
mine was plugged by a french fry (?!) and let water fill until sand settled and used the fry to make homemade concrete. long story short, point your eyes in another ditrrection and pull the ENTIRE plug free. clean it out while the crud drains. then after it stops, re-insert the plug and squeeze it to see if it stayed clear. Bam, you will only hear that kind of sloshing when packing a keg now

enjoy your new piece of mind

*unless this fixes nothing, then may God have mercy on your soul *

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-18-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABN31B
ROFL! dude you are going to be both rediculously surprised and a little embarrassed if this is the fix I'm thinking of. After driving into a pond, i had the same problem FOREVER the damn back end sounded like a water park. WTF i would scream but alas it did nothing.
Then one day i poked my head under the passenger side in the rear and found a small plug near the exhaust pipe but up behind the bumper. there is a hollow area there that fills with water 9like when your in a pond) and this plug (black ruber, looks like a thin tipped vacumm attachment) lets the fluid bleed out, but not in.
mine was plugged by a french fry (?!) and let water fill until sand settled and used the fry to make homemade concrete. long story short, point your eyes in another ditrrection and pull the ENTIRE plug free. clean it out while the crud drains. then after it stops, re-insert the plug and squeeze it to see if it stayed clear. Bam, you will only hear that kind of sloshing when packing a keg now

Thats Funny lol a french fry

Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B

A french fry?
That's funny. I hope you didn't eat.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
BF Veteran

nah, didn't eat it. it tasted like pond water and sand... couldn't finsh it

Old 11-19-2009, 06:34 AM

Thanks for the HELP!!!
Hopefully peace of mind is soon at hand. Will take a look tonight. Then only question i have is how did the water get in there? I have not been going through any ponds or creeks here lately.

Matt

Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 AM
BF Veteran

could be a bad seal at the back glass/hatch.
could be a bad seal at the bottom of the hollow spot letting road crud IN.
could be a damaged or loose rear window sprayer hose leaking.....

I hope that is the location of your problem.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:10 PM

ok we will have to take look thanks for you help.

Matt

Welli got the plug out and a little water came out i hope i can figure out were its leaking from. Thanks for the input.

Matt

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 01-06-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
BF Veteran

that makes 1,075 posts, and 5 problems fixed so far!

Quick Reply: Water noise