Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Batmobile

Old 01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough
Default Project: Batmobile

The name of the build is based on my black blazer, which once finished will have a lot more black on it. Love the color black, and love blacked out vehicles, so that is my final goal.

I'm starting with an 03' Blazer ZR2 - 101,000km's on the clock - Black - 2 Door - Automatic Transmission - 4 Wheel Drive

Like I said, progress may be slow at the moment, due to lack of funds. I assure you though, progress will be made, and there will be a lot of it. Expect most of the work/additions to be done around mid summer (July).

So far I have painted all of the Chevy bowties black and removed the ZR2 decal.

I also bought a set of Euro tail lights, and swapped out the stock bulbs with LED super red 3157's. And an LED flasher to stop the LED superblinker.

So expect a slow build, but I have big plans, and will get there eventually!

Next on the menu: Spare tire cover

Last edited by RangerG; 01-19-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You need to post IMG tags around all of those links. It's a PITA going through each one.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:55 PM

I had originally. The images are HUGE though. Not too sure how to size them smaller - any suggestions?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Resize them.... Or use Photobucket which makes automatic thumbnails for much easier posting on forums such as this.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:17 PM

Photobucket created and images fixed!

Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I like the thread already, I too have an 03 Black ZR2 (Jimmy), so I may end up "borrowing" ideas lol

Old 01-18-2010, 12:48 AM

Borrow away! The more awesome looking Blazers/Jimmys on the road, the better.

Keep me posted on your mods too! I might have to borrow a few ideas of my own. Did you look any farther into mounting amps in the side storage places?

Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Can I ask why you called it the Batmobile?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:49 PM

Once I have everything blacked out, and the Projector headlights with blue halo's, it will possibly slightly resemble the batmobile.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

I thought you were going to do what I saw one guy do with his black LS1 WS6 Trans Am- He put the Bat logo on the rear window. It did look like the Batmobile, just needed the turbine on the back of it haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project: Batmobile