Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Cool little rebuild for ya. Anyone have any info on this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road
Default Cool little rebuild for ya. Anyone have any info on this?

My Blazer crapped out up in Burton, MI yesterday on my first date with this girl (total suckage), and luckily my uncle lives in Burton so it worked out perfectly. Today, I went over and fixed the issue (plug for the fuel pump isn't staying seated; another story). After fixing my truck, we went into the back yard my dad, uncle and I to do some moving around of stuff.

This is what I found:

I don't have a lot of information on it, other than I know it's a Lil' Indian with a 5hp motor.

It does have a lot of rust, but most of it is surface. A little sanding and some primer and paint and it should be good to go.

The cool thing is that the back shocks, look almost brand new; and this thing was stored outside for over 3 years. The rear shocks are also adjustable for ride stiffness/softness. Pretty neat.

There are several things that I plan on getting accomplished with this rebuild. Most of my effort is going to be on the engine. It needs a new gas tank due to rust holes. It may also need a new crank for the pull start. I will find out what else needs to be replaced as time goes by.

I plan on keeping up with pictures to show my progress.

Anyone have any more info about this little moto-scooter? Comments? Suggestions?

Last edited by EzTec; 08-08-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:38 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EzTec
...Anyone have any more info about this little moto-scooter?...
"lil indian mini bike". Plenty of hits.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Starting Member

I already did the whole google rounds. Yeah, lots of hits, but not a lot of true info on it. Oh well. Still, I think this will be a fun rebuild. Already pulled the gas tank, heads and throttle body. It needs a lot of cleaning, but luckily the cylinder and the piston looks clean.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:37 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Looks like it could be fun.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

lol i wanna ride that lol

Old 06-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Cavalier z24
lol i wanna ride that lol
lol. Me too. That's why I bought it from my uncle for $20. I figured it would be a fun little toy to get up and running and ride around on it. It's pretty well built too. I'm 6'6" and 280# and this thing holds me up without any problems.

It's looking like I might just get a new motor for it. This motor looks like it's a lost cause. Can't work on it tomorrow cause of work and fathers day, but will definitely dive a lot deeper starting Monday.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:06 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

That's just cool, I wanna ride it too...

Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

cool find.

definately gonna follow this 'lil build.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

You should be able to swap that little motor out with a Briggs 8 or 9 HP Horizontal crank engine without much problems.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

That better be finished by our michigan meet so you can go trail riding in that hahahah.

i'll be watching this one

Quick Reply: Cool little rebuild for ya. Anyone have any info on this?